Terms and Conditions
By using the WeedScan web application and smartphone app, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You agree to allow WeedScan app access to your device’s camera.
- You agree to allow WeedScan app to take video footage and photographs (Images) of the candidate plant using your device’s camera and upload Images to the WeedScan server for processing.
- You agree to allow WeedScan to collect and upload additional relevant information (such as location data and device identification data) but only where this is necessary to allow WeedScan to process the Images properly.
- You agree to use WeedScan only in respect of Images of plant species and invasive plant species in Australia. You agree not to use WeedScan in respect of any other format, subject matter or location.
- You agree not to modify or adapt Images prior to uploading to the WeedScan server except for digital enhancement of Images (i.e. where features of an Image are improved using various methods such as USM, levels, exposure and tonal adjustments - localised or otherwise).
- You will retain all copyrights in your Images.
- You hereby waive all moral rights in your Images and you agree that your Images may be resized, resampled or cropped as necessary, and that you may not be given any credit or acknowledgement for your Images.
- WeedScan may choose to reject and not use any Image or information submitted.
- You are responsible at all times for ensuring your own safety and that of anyone accompanying you when using WeedScan.
- You are responsible at all times for ensuring that you and anyone accompanying you comply with all applicable laws when using WeedScan.
- Except as provided otherwise by law, CISS and its partners will have no liability (including under negligence) for any injury, damage or loss sustained using WeedScan.
- In the event of any query or dispute concerning WeedScan (including these terms and conditions) CISS’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.